[sf-perl] [poll] What Perl IDE do you use?

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon Apr 18 20:44:34 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Steve Fink <sphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to clarify what is available with emacs + perldb:
>
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Dan Dascalescu <ddascalescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reasons I prefer a *real* IDE vs.a text editor + perl -d include:
>>
>> * live syntax highlight and underlining of errors as I type them
>
> Live syntax highlighting works. Only a few errors are caught
> immediately (mismatched parens, unclosed regexes, etc. -- simply
> syntactic errors that are relevant to the highlighter.)

\rs in vim with perl-support performs a compile check.  ctrl-x (alt-m)
h t does the same thing on my emacs setup with perlnow.  So not quite
live syntax checking, but allows you to code, compile check, then run,
all without leaving the editor.

Maybe we need to have another Perl editor / ide talk series.  Anyone
want to give a talk on their setup?