[sf-perl] [poll] What Perl IDE do you use?

Greg Lindahl greg at blekko.com
Sun Apr 17 17:10:45 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 04:36:43PM -0700, Dan Dascalescu wrote:

> I understand that people stick with ancient editors due to the
> enormous investment in learning and configuring them. I also do that -
> I've been using the same two-pane file manager for over 15 years.
>
> But let's consider someone new to Perl, without prior investment. Are
> there objective reasons why they should *not* use a *real* IDE (Padre,
> Eclipse+EPIC, Komodo IDE)?

Wow. It boggles the mind that you don't think there are any people who
find that they're more productive without an IDE! You might have
noticed that many Unix/Linux programmers prefer the shell prompt to a
file manager. That's why IDE/no-IDE and command-line/GUI are
considered religious issues.

-- greg