[sf-perl] simultaneous processes?

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 07:07:11 PST 2010

I use evince to view a good number of tiff files.  I have written a quick
little script to help me associate the tiff files with various database
records.  This script runs as part of larger API that runs in a very minimal
xwindows system ( no desktop just twm as a window manager.) As it stands now
I view the file with system("evince file.tiff"); close evince and execute
the script which helps me associate and save the file.  I was wondering if
there is a way to for my script to open a terminal while evince is still
open so I can still look at the file while I'm saving it.

I've tried system("evince file.tiff & gnome-teminal --geometry=50x35-0+0");
but then I don't see evince.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard