[sf-perl] Padre Perl IDE .dmg available for Macs now

Brian Friday brian.friday at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:42:03 PST 2010

I haven't had any trouble with the .dmg of the padre website on either a macbook pro 13' or a iMac (32-bit). The only issue I have had with both machines is sometimes closing padre exits in a way the Mac OS believes is a crash in wxPerl.

Compiling Padre on Snow Leopard by hand is a serious pain but I've done that using the documentation available on the padre website. I found compiling padre via CPAN was impossible.

My only worry has been the .dmg has version .50 and I haven't seen any instructions on how to recreate the dmg for future releases.

- Brian