[sf-perl] Padre Perl IDE .dmg available for Macs now

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 14 13:02:26 PST 2010

Fred Moyer <fred at redhotpenguin.com> wrote:

> The Padre Perl IDE has a dmg installer package for OS X now apparently.
>
> http://padre.perlide.org/
>
> Just installed it, everything went fine.  Didn't see anything earth
> shaking with my first few lines in it, but would be interested in
> hearing others' experiences with it.

Same here, on both counts.  I think it's impressive how far they got
that project to advance in a year and a half, but didn't see any reason
I'd want to switch to it from emacs.

One thing that's interesting about that project, though, is they tend to
break out their sub-systems as perl modules, so in theory other editors
and ides can take advantage of what they're doing.