[sf-perl] thread resolution, for now (was Re: [list etiquette])

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 5 12:16:21 PST 2010

This is all well and good...

Matthew Lanier <matt at lanier.org> wrote:

> * fred has posted a meetup link to take a vote on on folks' preferences
> regarding reply-to settings.  please vote here:
>
>  	<http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Perl-Mongers/polls/219187/>

But if you call for a vote, you can't expect people to suddenly shut-up.
What you can expect is some politicking: people will want to make
"campaign statments" to try to presuade people to vote their way.

But of course, we can ask that people keep it to a reasonable minimum
(or else someone may be inspired to create campaign rules or some such).