[sf-perl] meetup :-(

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Mon Apr 5 14:09:00 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 02:00:21PM -0700, David Alban wrote:
> i have to log in to see the location?  i call "bullshit".  pardon my
> negativity, but i'm not a fan of the way meetup works, or perhaps of
> the way we're using it.  i can find naan n curry easily enough on
> the web, but having to log in to see the location of an event just
> bugs the crap out of me.  not to mention, even having to go to the
> web to get details i think should go in the email that gets sent to
> the list.

You have bumped into an "anti-feature," which is to say a "feature" no
customer in their right mind would ever want.  Anti-features are
intended to benefit the seller at the expense of the customer.  The
traditional way (that actually works--boycotts do not) to hit back at
this tactic is via legislation and enforcement of same.

Cheers,
David.