[sf-perl] [Fwd: class DBI postgres date time format]

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Mar 19 09:14:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 04:01:40PM -0700, ken uhl wrote:
> How do I set up table class method to correctly format and write
> 'updated'  column  date and time stamp to postgres?

Table class?  From what module?  Just FYI, anything that's mapping
tables one-to-one with objects in client code is Doing It Wrong(TM).

Your best bet is to write SQL as appropriate.  This is a task people
are good at and machines will remain bad at until they are capable
making good choices about which abstraction level is appropriate, that
being a pretty serviceable definition of strong AI.

Cheers,
David.
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/