[sf-perl] Server downtime reporting and recovery

Bob goolsby bob.goolsby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:56:07 PST 2009

Adding Nagios to the mix means that you are less likely to be
surprised when one of your Babies goes down, it will start pinging you
when the Nagios probe fails to return and Nagios sends you a Page.
Nagios will notice long before your Boss will.  The down side of
implementing Nagios is that the Page *always* comes in at the most
inopportune time.  (The kids are in bed, the lights are turned down
low, the two of you are cuddled up in front of the fireplace with half
a bottle of a good Red,  BZZZZZZZZZZZZT....)