[sf-perl] James' blog links on Oops! I i18n’d your app , and SphinxSearch

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Aug 27 03:32:50 PDT 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 12:11:36 James Briggs wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> 1) I wrote a blog post on the meeting for those who couldn't make it.
> Let me know if there's any additions or corrections:
>
> sf.pm.org: Oops! I i18n’d your app
> http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2009/08/sf-pm-org-oops-i-i18nd-your-app/
>

> 2) Also, I have recently started using SphinxSearch with Perl as a
> replacement for MySQL Full Text Search:
>
> Using Sphinx Search with Perl
> http://www.jebriggs.com/blog/2009/08/using-sphinx-search-with-perl/

Very nice posts, and I enjoyed reading them. How would you say Sphinx Search
compares to KinoSearch, the Perl port (but not pure Perl) of Lucene:

http://www.rectangular.com/kinosearch/

I recently got my hostmaster to install Kino on my hosting, but I ran into a
problem of trying to figure out how to get it to index my site. I'd like to
set it up as an alternative to the Google search box:

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=perl&domains=www.shlomifish.org&sitesearch=www.shlomifish.org&btnG=Google+Search

In any case, wouldn't you like to syndicate your Perl posts on
http://perlsphere.net/ , or perhaps join the Iron Man Perl blogging
competition: http://ironman.enlightenedperl.org/ ? Note that you may need to
filter the Perl posts somehow, such as by using tags.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish