[sf-perl] Importing CPAN modules into Github

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Mon Aug 3 12:42:26 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Andy Lester<andy at petdance.com> wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
>> Github's svn import hasn't been working either with my subversion repo:
>>
>> https://www.redhotpenguin.com/svn/class_dbi_sweet
>

> What does "hasn't been working" mean for you?  It's worked flawlessly for me
> on my modules.

Here's the import page text at url
http://github.com/redhotpenguin/Class-DBI-Sweet/imports/new

Import a Subversion Repository
Read Before Proceeding

    * The import process could take as little as 5 minutes to as long
as 5 days depending on the size of your repository. This has
everything to do with how slow subversion is, but we're working on
speeding up the process.
    * If your subversion repository contains a non-standard directory
structure, this import process will probably not work for you. Check
out our Guide for running the import yourself.
    * This service currently only supports public subversion repositories.

Here's the error message:

Please enter a valid subversion url

I'm using the url mentioned above/

I'm still a bit new to git, so it is possible I'm doing something stupid.