[sf-perl] Fwd: SF perlmongers + Open Source Bridge

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Fri Apr 3 11:56:41 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:
> At 00:09 -0700 4/1/09, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> If we are going to do an SF workshop we'll need
>> to be doing stuff like this.
>
> Speaking of things to consider doing, you might want to find out
> if you can get a sponsor to pay for videotaping the sessions.

It's in my queue, but my sf.pm tuits have been full lately with the
meetings and streamlining some processes :)

Regarding the aspirations of doing a workshop/conference/day of talks,
we would really need someone to step up and take the lead there.

List member, are you that person?

So far we've had a number of list members helping run the list.

Joe Brenner, Co-Chair Speakers.  Finds us great speakers

Matt Lanier, Founder.  Provides space and occasional soft drinks and
plasticware for dinner

Kevin Frost, Webmaster.  Working on an update for the website.

Robert Krimen, Toolsmith.  Working on some internal tools for the group.

Julian Cash, Vice-President, Games.  In charge of entertainment.

Fred Moyer, President.  Everything else.

We can grow and take on more responsibilities, but need more bodies to step up.