[sf-perl] [ meta ] new leadership chosen

Matthew Lanier matt at lanier.org
Thu Nov 20 18:26:11 PST 2008

folks-

thanks to the folks that stepped up to be the leader candidates, both
publicly and privately (several folks did, aside from the two that
publicly volunteered).  after mulling over this quite a bit (and throwing
some darts), i've decided to hand off leadership of the sfpug to Fred
Moyer <http://search.cpan.org/~phred/>.  He's a long time member, active
contributor in the mod_perl community, YAPC presenter, well versed in the
ways of user groups, and a member in our sister organization ( the sf
postgres users group).  he knows what he's getting into.  wish him luck.

thanks again, Quinn, for running the show for the last 6 years. and
thanks, all, for continuing the sfpug.  It means a lot to me that this
group serves a purpose for the perl community.  I hope it can continue
doing so in its second decade.

$leader++

m@

--