[sf-perl] Getting Help [was: Pushing and Popping an array on the heap]
extasia at extasia.org
Tue May 27 13:46:23 PDT 2008
apparently this was left out of the list below and should be inserted
before the last list item.
don't be cranky, or send flamey bits to anyone.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [sf-perl] Getting Help (was Re: Debugging a CGI script - how)
To: San Francisco Perl Mongers User Group <sanfrancisco-pm at pm.org>
* demonstrate a serious effort on your part before posting your
questions (see 'rtfm'); at the very least, have done a web search and
have consulted the available documentation (see 'perldoc', 'man', and
* specific questions will get much better results than extremely
high level / vague / general questions or questions without detail
* don't post anything that even appears that you want someone else
to do your work for free; note the use of the word "appears"; you may
not intend it, but if it appears that you do you will probably not get
the information you need
* try and come up with the smallest and simplest code that
demonstrates your problem (if applicable), you'll get fewer responses
if folks have to spend more then five or ten minutes grokking your
* if someone cranky flames you, don't respond to the flamey bits. just don't.
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Neil Heller <nheller at silcon.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much.
> That's nice coming from someone who is probably younger than my
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm