[sf-perl] Porting to Windows and writing a GUI? (ugh)

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 19 18:54:18 PDT 2008

David Ljung Madison <pm.org at daveola.com> wrote:

> I have a shareware script that I've mostly ported to Windows
> via CygWin (and ActivePerl, at one point).
>
> I wanted to write/get a GUI front-end to call the script
> (and maybe an installer as well) so I can make it a little
> more user-friendly for the non-perl users out there.

There are a few existing toolkits that could be used to do something
like this.  Tk is the traditional one, but lately people have been
talking about Wx, which I believe is supposed to look a little better
(or more like a native app):

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Wx/

If you try this, don't forget to check the Install file:

  "You need to install wxWidgets before you can compile wxPerl."