[sf-perl] Q: arbitrary diffs and SVN::Notify::HTML

Kevin Frost biztos at mac.com
Wed Jun 25 00:59:27 PDT 2008

You can do all of these things with Text::Diff together with
Text::Diff::HTML.  It assumes very little about your ultimate purpose,
leaving you free to assemble and style things as you see fit.

Example:

     use strict;
     use warnings;

     use Text::Diff qw(diff);
     use Text::Diff::HTML;

     my $old = "I'm <old!>\nWooha!\n";
     my $new = "I'm <new!>\nWooha!\n";

     my $frag = diff( \$old, \$new, { STYLE => 'Text::Diff::HTML' } );

     # Now do something better than this:

http://search.cpan.org/~rbs/Text-Diff-0.35/lib/Text/Diff.pm

http://search.cpan.org/~dwheeler/Text-Diff-HTML-0.05/lib/Text/Diff/HTML.pm

I'm not sure if Dave Wheeler is on the list, but that's his code so
this might serve as a temporary proxy until he says something
smarter. ;-)

cheers

-- frosty