[sf-perl] FS: Asus eee pc 8gb

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 16 10:55:38 PDT 2008

Ooh! Are you upgrading to a 901?

I've been meaning to ask someone who owned an Eee: how is it for
writing code? I've never used the KDE editor/IDE that comes pre-
installed, but I'm curious how it does with perl code. (Perl is a
litmus test for syntax highlighting prowess in my opinion. :-) )

Curious,
-- Mike

On Jun 16, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Vicki Brown wrote:

> For sale: Essentially unused.
>    * Asus Eee PC 8G
>      800 MHz Intel Celeron Processor, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB Solid-State Disk
>    * Pearl white
>    * Ultra-compact notebook with full QWERTY keyboard and 7-inch
> color display
>    * Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 8.9 x 0.8 inches ; 2 pounds
>    * Linux preloaded (compatible with Windows XP)
>    * Over 40 built-in applications for learn, work and play;
>    * 3.5-hour battery life
>    * 8 GB solid-state flash memory drive; 1 GB RAM; 10/100 Fast
> Ethernet;
>      54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
>    * Connectivity: three USB 2.0; VGA output; microphone and
> headphone;
>      Secure Digital card reader
>    * external mouse; AC adaptor
>    * 3rd party fitted leather case included ($29 value :)
>
> I paid $500.  If you're interested, make me an offer.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Celeron-Processor-Solid-State-Preloaded/dp/B000ZLO3D4/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1211681535&sr=8-1
>
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E67U9U85NJAO/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
> --
> - Vicki
>
>      ZZZ
>   zzZ                   San Francisco Bay Area, CA
>  z  |\     _,,,---,,_   Books, Cats, Tech
> zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://cfcl.com/vlb
>   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'  http://cfcl.com/vlb/weblog
>  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)      http://twitter.com/vlb

Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>