[sf-perl] Quick question on regular expression and substitution

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Wed Jun 28 10:49:40 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 10:05:11AM -0700, Loo, Peter # PHX wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> The problem is I won't know what position I need to change.  It is
> all dependent on the query.

I'm sorry to have to put it this way, but it looks like you're trying
to machine-generate SQL.  After years of watching smart people attempt
this, I have come to believe that machine-generated SQL has strong AI
as a component, which is Dave-ese for "Don't go there."

How about just writing out your SQL in the first place, keeping it
somewhere safe, and editing that somewhere at need?

Cheers,
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!