[sf-perl] OSCON update

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Jul 12 15:05:16 PDT 2006

At 2:31 PM -0700 7/12/06, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> :(  The O'Reilly newsletter I received reads
>
>>> Use code "os06dsug" when you register, and receive 15% off
>>> the early registration price.
>
> I will check back with O'Reilly about this.  I'm guessing it was
> a misprint, and the double discount was supposed to be available
> only during the normal early-registration period.  Bummer.

Possibly it wasn't a misprint, nor even a mistake, just imprecise
phrasing.  My suspicion is that it translates to:

  >>> Use code "os06dsug" when you register, and receive 15% off
  >>> the prevailing registration price (lower now, while we're
  >>> in the early registration period).

That said, O'Reilly et al generally maintain admirable levels of
quality in their work and frequently look further than others in
their consideration of the second-order effects of their choices.
So, don't be too hard on them...

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com