[sf-perl] Re: *** Special meeting this Tuesday ***

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Fri Apr 1 16:01:31 PST 2005

I'm on the list now, too. :-)

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 02:44:17PM -0800, Quinn Weaver (qw at sf.pm.org) wrote:
> Some of you will remember Andy from OSCON.  He's done a number of
> presentations on automated testing, software engineering in the large,
> and the practical human elements of making software.  Very sensibly
> guy, no BS, good head on his shoulders.  The topic is likely to come
> from these areas of expertise.

What topics would people like to see covered?  I can talk about a lot of
stuff:

* Automated testing, both in the large and Perl-specific, and on the web

* Project estimation and tracking, which is the talk I'll be presenting
at OSCON this year (although I still don't see it announced yet)

* How to get hired: Effective job resume-ing, cover lettering and
interviewing.

Those are the biggies, but I've talked about a lot of stuff.  I have a
list of talks I've given and articles I've written at
http://petdance.com/resume/.  I welcome your requests.

xoxo,
Andy

--