[San-Diego-pm] Tuesday, SanDiego.pm July Meeting

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Wed Jul 11 09:55:41 PDT 2018

Hey Perl Mongers,

I just wanted to give a quick recap of Tuesday's meeting.  It was a good,
largely technical discussion.

I gave my presentation about The Perl Conference 2018, which you can find
my from my Google Slides:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sQG6bna-BJZiLLGV26DS1WfYFLGYABdaJhz5M-n7hMY.
The conference website is available here,
https://perlconference.us/tpc-2018-slc/, or there is the YouTube videos
available here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9_Hq3zhoFx1inHPmwmbXrPcI8cc0fyO.
There were several good presentations during the conference, many of which
I covered briefly.  If there are any of interest to you, I suggest you
watch them, or ask about them.  One thing I did forget to mention, next
year's conference will be in Pittsburgh, you can find those details as they
become available here: https://perlconference.us/tpc-2019-pit/.

For my second presentation, I gave a quick overview of the new features in
Perl 5.28.  You can see my Google Slides here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KtaniaRSbfHAo5Qm0cxpAMAdMiva88EN77tsnBEIZvE
.

For the final presentation of the evening, we watched two Lightning Talks,
one by Randal Schwartz, https://youtu.be/fxFhBw6pbH8, and another by David
Golden, https://youtu.be/qsg8XuOwXJE, and then had some interesting
discussions on their content.  That is something that I would like to
continue, so if people would like to peruse all of the videos (not just the
Lightning Talks), and let me know of any that they would like to delve
into/discuss further, I will take the most popular ones and turn them into
discussions for future meetings.

For anybody that was at the meeting last night, was there any details that
I missed or other aspects that you would like to bring up?

Bob