[San-Diego-pm] The Past, Present, and Future

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Thu Mar 31 14:03:38 PDT 2016

Perl Mongers of San Diego,

What do you want for the future of the San Diego Perl Mongers?

At the present, we have meetings once a month to gather, ask questions, and
talk about various topics.  Sometimes these meetings are technical, and
people learn; other months the meetings are more social, and people enjoy
themselves and the conversation.  In the past, this has served the group
well, with numerous members getting value from the format, and sharing
during the meetings.  Presently, the meeting attendance is low, and has
been for some time, so there are fewer discussions and less sharing.

I could continue running the meeting in this fashion, but it doesn't feel
like it's supporting the membership that well.  I could also suspend the
meetings, or the group, and that doesn't feel like it would service the
membership well either.  At the last meeting, discussion ensued and one
idea floated was to do fewer regular meetings a year.  What do people think
of this?  Are there other ideas on how things could be different, but
better for everyone?

For the record, we're still going to do the April meeting at our normal
place (Ansir Innovation Center) and time (Thursday, April 28th at 7 PM).
But the meeting for May and beyond that are likely to be changed due to
this discussion.

I would love to hear everyone's ideas, thoughts, and opinions.  Please
share.

Your local leader,

    Bob