[San-Diego-pm] Is Perl finally dying? [was: Seen this?]

Christopher Hahn xrz1138 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:29:26 PDT 2013

LOL...I am a senior willing to take a middle level role, if it involves
perl.

I went from straight Software Engineer to a scripter, but then got
pigeon-holed
into CM and am looking at Senior CME roles.

I just use perl when I need a tool.  That is it for me.  My stuff has
mainly been
internal tool code anyway.

I am playing with Grails these days too.  The whole convention over
configuration
thing has been taken quite far these days.

Take care all,

Christopher

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Bob Kleemann <rkleeman at energoncube.net>wrote:

> It sounds like many people would like to be able to find middle and junior
> level Perl people (programmers, sysadmins, etc), and those people are
> really hard to find, as opposed to the senior level people, which are just
> plain hard to find.  Is there anything this group can do to work on that
> issue?  Do we need some training sessions?  Do we need to be better at
> answering beginner level questions?  Should we focus on outreach?  Perhaps
> the answer is to keep on doing what we're doing?
>
> With the group of talented folks that are in this group, I'm sure we could
> make anything happen.  What would you like to see happen?

Realisant mon espoir, je me lance vers la gloire.
Christopher Hahn == xrz1138 at gmail.com