[San-Diego-pm] Three Perl cloud hosting platforms

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Tue Aug 23 08:13:22 PDT 2011

One of the topics brought up at last Thursday's meeting was that of
hosting providers who support Perl.  Granted, many support vanilla CGI,
but mod_perl is a bit more rare.  I ran across the article, "Three Perl
cloud hosting platforms."

    http://showmetheco.de/articles/2011/8/three-perl-cloud-hosting-platforms.html

This looks exciting.  Currently, I'm developing a web application using
CGI::Application running on Linode, because I have complete control over
the runtime environment.  I'm currently invoking the framework as a CGI
script, but plan to see if mod_perl is necessary down the line.  The
above article has a CGI::Application example, so I think it's time I
investigated offloading my web application to the "cloud."

At the very least, I should pull this into the CGI::Application
presentation I'm planning for next month.