[San-Diego-pm] Damian is coming to town!

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Thu Sep 20 15:36:14 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 01:57:35PM -0700, Chris Grau wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 11:50:49AM -0700, Bob Kleemann wrote:
> > Damian Conway is coming to town next month.  He's offered to host one
> > of his great seminars for us on either October 3 or 4.
>
> Has a day been settled on yet?  My discussions with various folks on IRC
> tells me that Thursday the 4th would be the better day.  If that's been
> decided, I can go ahead and book the room.  What time are we looking at,
> 7pm 'til whenever?

Neither a day nor a topic has been finalized yet.  Thanks for the poke.
Myself and a lot of others can do either day.  Only a few people have
scheduling conflicts, so to those people I appologize if the quarter flip
comes up wrong for you.

... And the mighty all knowing quarter says ...

TAILS!  We'll be doing the talk on Tailsday.  Er, I mean Thursday.  As for the
time, 7PM till whenever would be a good allocation.

As for which talk we should ask Damian to present, there has been no major
pushes for one or the other (just some general preferences).  Unless I hear a
big push before Friday at noon for something else, I'll ask Damian to present
the Perl 6: Sex and Violence talk.

Let me know your thoughts folks.