[San-Diego-pm] Captcha

Christopher Hahn christopher.hahn at peregrine.com
Wed May 17 00:10:42 PDT 2006

Joel,

OK.  The webpage we first looked at was misleading.

This is a traditional tarball deliverable.

You need to uncompress and unpack the *.tar.gz

When you do you will find the file "Makefile.PL" in the results.

Then you follow "the standard Perl procedure" as described in your email.

On windows, winzip was handle both gzip files and tar archives.

You will know you are on the right track when it pops up a dialog that
says something like "there is an archive in this compressed file, shall I
unpack
it to a temp folder and open it?"  Say yes, and you will have a winzip
window
with the eventual files visible (if you say no, then you will only see a
winzip
window with "Authen-Captcha-1.023.tar" in it ....i.e. this is the only file
in
the gzip file.)

Just direct winzip to extract the files into some known directory, and then
cd there in a dos window.  Then, assuming that nmake is in your path, the
instructions will work as desired. (swapping "nmake" for "make" of course)

This is something that will work.  (now that you actually have the thing ;0)

Post again if this was confusing.

Chris

  _____