[San-Diego-pm] Meeting today (Monday, March 13th, 2006)

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Mar 13 10:18:32 PST 2006

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

Randal> Yeah, we try to keep that [The Perl Review] a secret.
Randal> Wouldn't want too many people reading it... the ink would get
Randal> faint. :)

Well, it's like conserving blinker fluid for the troops.  That's why
I've stopped signalling turns and lane changes -- I'm being patriotic!

Randal> Yes, odd how that is... the magazine that *pays* for the
Randal> article actually gets to publish it first. :)

Yeah, realized that after I posted.  Mostly I was tired enough that
when the names didn't match directly, I lacked the brain to follow up
the chain of ownership.

Randal> I'm actually in LA this week.  I'm tempted to drive down, but
Randal> I'm afraid the evening-commute traffic would mean I'd have to
Randal> start mid-day to make it by 7pm.

Hm.  I've made it from Rancho Bernardo and I-15 to Santa Ana in less
than 2 hours, starting at 4:30.

Depending where in L.A., it might be possible for you to catch the
train and avoid driving -- but that's sadly not likely to be all that
much faster (especially as you'd probably have to transfer.)

Yeah, looks like 3:30 union station puts you at Sorrento Valley at 6p.
And thats with a really tight connection.  And difficult to get back
north at night.

Randal> Someone needs to hire me in San Diego so I can go to a
Randal> meeting! :)

Either that, or convince the purple and yellow company to send you
down this way for something on a convenient date...

t.