[San-Diego-pm] mod_perl and databases

David Romano david.romano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:30:29 PST 2005

Hi Tim,
  I didn't get your e-mail address at the last meeting but rememberd
that you asked why mod_perl was running code much slower than
expected. You said you were using the example from the "Starting with
2.0" guide [http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html]
and after some of the group looked at the code, it looked like it
might be a configuration problem. I was wondering whether or not you
got any further on solving the problem.  Also, I noticed tonight that
the Perl Cookbook recipe of the day dealt with transactions (which you
said you were just dabbling into)
[http://perl.com/cookbook/perlckbk2/solution.csp?day=2]. Thought I'd
post it in case you are interested.

David Romano