[San-Diego-pm] FWD: [IP] more on Hard time? Not for cyber criminals

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Aug 18 18:45:51 CDT 2004

>>>>> "Menolly" == Menolly  <menolly at mib.org> writes:

Menolly> I've been told the Intel did not want to prosecute, but
Menolly> Oregon wanted to test their laws and ran with it.  Feel free
Menolly> to add salt to taaste; I so not claim to speak with authority
Menolly> on this.

[...]

Menolly> I interned at Intel; they have an excellent internship
Menolly> program and I enjoyed my time there quite a bit.  I probably
Menolly> could have returned after graduation, but I decided I'd
Menolly> rather work in a software-oriented company instead of doing
Menolly> internal software for a hardware company.

Yes, "did not want to prosecute" is probably what they would have told
their own people.  But look at it this way: There's just as much
non-evidence that I *was* authorized as I *wasn't* authorized.  In
other words, the chalk lines that moved around after the fact could
have just as easily moved back