ping

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Fri Apr 11 20:34:54 CDT 2003

~sdpm~
Some meetings are well attened, some are not.  The last meeting had
six attendees, which I consider a fair turnout.  The meeting before
that had three.  So depending on various circumstances we are doing
OK to being a tad thin.  I think the meetings are withering because
we are having a hard time coming up with a good, stable meeting
location, good topics for discussion, and a good mix of attendees to
learn from.

I'm all ears for ideas on how to fix any of these issues, but until
then I'm going to keep driving things along, hoping that something
works out.  We've been talking about various ways to fix some of the
issues at the meetings.

Some of the given ideas include a social night once a month; seminars
at the monthly meetings; holding the meetings at different times,
locations, or with a different frequency; more active recruitment;
specialty discussion groups.  If any of this sounds good to the
membership please speak up because I'd be happy to arrange it.

I'm more than happy to hear about ideas, opinoins, good and bad
experiences at the meetings, or anything else that affects the
group.  In fact, if we get any ideas that stimulate the group
enough or to get meeting attendance above 20 people, I'll buy pizza
for the following meeting.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:20:53PM -0700, C. Abney wrote:
> ~sdpm~
> I understand the meetings are dying, is the list dying, too?
>
> Yours,
>
> Charles
> --
> Charles Abney
> Polymorphism Research Laboratory, 0603
> UCSD School of Medicine
> 9500 Gilman Dr.
> La Jolla, CA 92093-0603
> ~sdpm~
>
> The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org
>
> List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> you can send mail to <majordomo at happyfunball.pm.org> with the following
> command in the body of your email message:
>
>     unsubscribe san-diego-pm-list
>
> If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> (if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> list itself) send email to <owner-san-diego-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> .
> This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
> to contact a human.
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org