Modules

Joel Fentin joel at cts.com
Wed May 23 06:59:22 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
I wrote a program that used File::Basename. It worked in the laptop, but
when I uploaded the program to the host, it didn't work. My presumption is
that the host doesn't have Basename.

So I uploaded Basename.pm into the same directory where my perl file
resides. Then I added lines like these into my program:
use File::Basename;
require "Basename.pm";

Here is one error:
[Tue May 22 17:24:09 2001] ul.pl: [Tue May 22 17:24:09 2001] ul.pl: Perl
5.00564 required--this is only version 5.00503, stopped at Basename.pm line
138. [Tue May 22 17:24:09 2001] ul.pl: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
Basename.pm line 138.

So, I simply performed the function with a regular expression.

But the basic question stays in my mind. If I need a module, what is the/a
constructive way of dealing with this?

Thank you.
--
Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864

email: joel at fentin.com     web: Fentin.com

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org