SDPM webserver

Bruce Timberlake bruce at brtnet.org
Fri Jun 22 15:54:45 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
I have successfully colocated my Cobalt RaQ server that the SDPM website
is hosted on.  The DNS has already been switched, so the site is "live"
again (it was "down" from last night around 5pm until about 10am this
morning).

We are still looking for potential equipment and/or bandwidth donors to
move to, so that we can offer shell accounts to chapter Perl Mongers
again, possibly set up our own CPAN mirror, etc.  If you or your company
can help out with a server (any Pentium-II or better PC could do the
job, as long as it has an ok amount of RAM and a decent size HD) and/or
a place to put it with a fixed IP address, please send mail to me
(bruce at brtnet.org) or to Bob Kleeman (rkleeman at energoncube.com).

Also, does anyone in the group have a preference for the OS installed on
the SDPM server when we get one??  Linux? A BSD variant?  I have OpenBSD
2.8 and FreeBSD 4.3, as well as RedHat and Debian Linux, available to
install on a server.

-- Bruce

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org