Stepped in a pile of shirt (webmail woes).

KILNA kilna at kilna.com
Thu Jul 19 07:03:53 CDT 2001

~sdpm~

Firstly, my apologies for spamming this group with multiple messages (with
dubious subject lines). The GroupWise webmail client I'm forced to use for
the account I was subscribed under picked up my "enter" after the subject
as a send. My bad was allowing myself to make this mistake more than once.
:) I actually attempted to sent this email a couple more times through
GroupWise, but then the browser kept on timing out (seems it only wants to
send embarrassing empty messages for me, not actual ones). Hopefully this
time will work OK, I subscribed my home account, sans kludgy Novell software :)

OK, I put together what we agreed upon at the meeting, along with 2 (very
small) uses of artistic licence: Firstly, I added some red to the smaller
text on the back, and the double-colons on the front. When I actually saw
the picture of the completed shirt on the site I had a hard time
concentrating due to my snoring. It needed a little pizazz. I think
everyone will agree it looks much better with a little zippiness in there.
Also, Instead of placing the front graphic on the pocket area, I centered
it on the breast. It seemed a bit off balance with the big black square
going into the armpit, so I fiddled with it a bit and I think it looks
better across the front. The back logo is 8"x8" and the front banner is
1.5"x8". Included are the actual graphics used since Cafe Press doesn't let
you zoom in.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=sdperlmonger

I may have a need to use CafePress at some time in the future... they give
discounts to users with popular stores, so I just went ahead and set it up
myself. If anyone has objections to my "owning" the store (for lack of a
better term) give me an email and we can figure something out.
I also took the liberty of using the non-TPC-specific back logo to whip up
a few more products in case anyone really cares. It looked kinda barren
with just the one shirt there. All of the items listed are at CafePress
cost (yes, the charge $15 a shirt *before* anyone can make any profit!
Bastages!!!). At-cost was agreed upon to let us avoid that whole "where do
we put the money earned" thang.

 From what I remember of the meeting, the consensus was one person would
place a rush order for however many shirts would be needed, so we could all
save on shipping and still get the shirts in time for the show. I'm cash
poor right now since I'm moving, so unfortunately I can't volunteer to be
the money collector (in fact, I'm so cash poor I may take Mr. Kleeman up on
his offer to buy the designer of the shirt one of them :)... I think the
person collecting size requests and money ended up being Bobby or Chris...?

With the shipping it looks like it would probably end up about $20 per
shirt or so, assuming 10 shirts @ @14.99, 2nd day delivery ($36), and
$14.87 CA Sales tax. 2nd day will get the shirts to us in time for the
Larry Wall speech on Tuesday (and of course the Stonehenge party on
Wednesday). Next day will give us some wiggle room, but will cost about $2
extra per shirt ($56 shipping instead of $36 for the total 10-shirt order).
This may give us a little peace of mind that everything will arrive, seeing
as there's an immutable deadline involved. BTW, if we wanted to save a buck
we could go back on the ash-grey shirts and go for white, those are $13.99
instead, but I personally think the grey will look MUCH better.

When and where do folks show up to fork over the ol' moolah? I highly
recommend PayPal for payment to whoever is collecting of money, since it's
realtime and people can use credit cards. You can sign up for PayPal at
https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=kilna%40kilna.com . I'll kick back a
couple bucks of my referral fee if you sign up through me. :)

-Anthony Kilna

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org