DBD Sysbase and CGI $q->popup_menu problem

Vasquez, Mike mike.vasquez at akamai.com
Mon Oct 2 18:17:53 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
I am using DBD to access a Sybase Database and trying to get the syntax
right to create the values of a popup menu.  Currently I am doing this:

	$q->td($q->popup_menu(-name=>'engr',
                                                -value=>[

                                                    sub {
                                                           foreach $i
(@fullnames){
                                                              $name .= $i;
                                                           }
                                                        return $name;
                                                    }->()]
                                                )
              ), #</td>

The above just gives me a long list and not a dropdown menu.

When I do the following, it works.

	$q->td($q->popup_menu(-name=>'engr',
                                                -value=>['Michael Vasquez',
'John Smith', 'Martha Smith']