Windoz 95 - perl - mysql

Todd Rockhold todd.rockhold at ontogen.com
Sat May 20 13:11:33 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
Joel Fentin wrote about trying to install DBD::mysql.  Sorry, I don't have
an answer, but have another question.  The "soap" part of the directory path
bothers me a little bit.  Is DBD::mysql trying to use
Simple Object Access Protocol (another morsel from Sir Bill of Redmond)?  If
so, there may be a problem
if you also need PerlEx (if I remember correctly, this is a costly item).
PerlEx supports SOAP but I don't
know if that's the only way. See

	http://www.activestate.com/press/releases/PerlExSoap.htm

	http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Apr00/SoapUpdatePR.asp

SOAP is pretty new.  In the software business we know what that can mean.

Joel, I suspect that you got your stuff from Active State.  They have a
mailing list like this one.
To sign up (maybe you will get a greater number of educated eyeballs looking
at the problem) look at the bottom of the page at

   	http://www.activestate.com/pdk/

---------------

	[deletia]
> 5. Per the readme, on the DOS command line I typed:
> ppm install
> http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/authors/id/JWIED/DBD-mysql-1.2212.x86.ppd
>
> 6. I got this message:
> syntax error at line 1, col 0, byte 0 at
> C:perl/site/lib/soap/parser.pm line 73

	[deletia]
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org