how to interact with JavaScript?

Rick Schlientz ricks at mp3.com
Wed Apr 26 16:49:37 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
Some resources for CGI and JavaScript that I have used and found useful
are:

http://wsabstract.com/cutpastejava.shtml
-	Site with lots of JavaScript 'recipes'.

http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/
-	The CGI.pm web page, with links to examples and descriptions.

http://www.wiley.com/compbooks/stein/source.html
-	Examples of CGI.pm scripts (see especially the JavaScript form
validation example at the bottom of the page).

RickS

"John R. Comeau" wrote:

> ~sdpm~
> How does one write a program to interact with a JavaScript-based web
> page?  We have an intranet page written in JavaScript like the
> following:
>
>     html
>     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>     Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:37 GMT
>     Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
>     Client-Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:44 GMT
>     Client-Peer: 157.152.183.134:80
>     Title: ARWeb 3.0.2

>     <TITLE>ARWeb 3.0.2</TITLE>
>     <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>

>     var CURRENT_PAGE = null;
>     var PAGES = new makeObject();
>     var PICKLIST_WIN=null;
>
>     function loadPickList()
>     {
>         return PickListStr;
>     };
>
> etc.
>
> I couldn't find anything about JavaScript on CPAN.  I was told that
> JavaScript is something quite different than Java.
>
> As I've said at the meetings, I'm a complete newbie at web Perl
> programming, so any help would be appreciated.
>
> -John
> ~sdpm~
>
> The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org
>
> List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> you can send mail to <majordomo at happyfunball.pm.org> with the following
> command in the body of your email message:
>
>     unsubscribe san-diego-pm-list
>
> If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> (if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> list itself) send email to <owner-san-diego-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> .
> This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
> to contact a human.
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org