how to interact with JavaScript?

Bobby Kleemann rkleeman at neta.com
Wed Apr 26 15:50:00 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
How do you want it to interract?  The most obvious way is you can use JS
to open a new window which loads a CGI-generated page.  Keep in mind
however that JS runs after on the client side and your Perl code will
likely run on the server side of the connection, so any interaction will
have to go though the network.

 _ _ _
 Bobby Kleemann <rkleeman at neta.com>
     http://www.neta.com/~rkleeman/

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, John R. Comeau wrote:

> ~sdpm~
> How does one write a program to interact with a JavaScript-based web
> page?  We have an intranet page written in JavaScript like the
> following:
>
>     html
>     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>     Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:37 GMT
>     Server: Microsoft-IIS/4.0
>     Client-Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:16:44 GMT
>     Client-Peer: 157.152.183.134:80
>     Title: ARWeb 3.0.2

>     <TITLE>ARWeb 3.0.2</TITLE>
>     <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>

>     var CURRENT_PAGE = null;
>     var PAGES = new makeObject();
>     var PICKLIST_WIN=null;
>
>     function loadPickList()
>     {
>     	return PickListStr;
>     };
>
> etc.
>

> I couldn't find anything about JavaScript on CPAN.  I was told that
> JavaScript is something quite different than Java.
>
> As I've said at the meetings, I'm a complete newbie at web Perl
> programming, so any help would be appreciated.
>
> -John
> ~sdpm~
>
> The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org
>
> List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org
>
> If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
> you can send mail to <majordomo at happyfunball.pm.org> with the following
> command in the body of your email message:
>
>     unsubscribe san-diego-pm-list
>
> If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> (if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> list itself) send email to <owner-san-diego-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> .
> This is the general rule for most mailing lists when you need
> to contact a human.

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org