Perl/Tk for Mac?

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Thu Apr 6 16:27:41 CDT 2000

~sdpm~

> But as for integration -check this FAQ answer:
> http://dev.scriptics.com/software/mac/macFAQ.html#Q12.1

Ewww!  Sockets?   Ick.

> What are you trying to *do*?

My client developed a cute little PERL script that does some useful
manipulation to an HTML file.  They need to be able to migrate it
from the command line to a GUI, so less god-like folk can use it.
These users might be on a Mac, might be on Windows, or might
even be on Linux.  Perl/Tk seemed the best way to achieve this.

Failing that, perhaps we'll have to resort to Tcl/Tk as a (gack!) front
end to running the PERL script.  Pretty darned silly, though.  I was
already cringing at the idea of making these folks install PERL and
then have them use PPM to install Tk.  Making them install PERL
and Tcl/Tk would be that much worse, especially for such a simple
script.

Sigh.  If only I had the time to spend on porting Perl/Tk.  I suspect
I'd have to learn A LOT more about Mac OS.

...Russ
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org