[Saltlake-pm] October presenters (and Lightning Talks?)

David Oswald daoswald at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 12:59:13 PDT 2013

Our October meeting will be on the 8th at 7:00pm, and we're looking
for presentations.

I wonder if people would be interested in having a 20 to 30 minute
"Lightning Talks" segment as part of October's meeting.  For those not
familiar with the term, Mark Jason Dominus coined the phrase at YAPC
19100 ( see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_talk ).

We can go with a 5-minute format and take talks from 4 to 6 people.

Lightning Talks are great if you've got something that interests you
but don't want to devote 25-45 minutes of talk-time (and considerably
longer in prep time) to it.

If people are interested, it could be a lot of fun.  ...we would still
seek a second, longer-running presentation for the 2nd half of the
meeting.

By the way; was there video or anything I need to link to on the
website for our September meeting?

Dave
--

David Oswald