[Purdue-pm] Coffee and Chat and Autumn

Dave Jacoby jacoby.david at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:56:09 PDT 2021

We just had Coffee and Chat for September, which wasn't as strongly
attended as August, but was still good. I arrived late (sorry!) but still
had time for lively conversation.

During the summer, we went back to in-person Coffee and Chats because we
felt that open-air conversation mitigated the risks of COVID, but as we go
into Fall, sitting outside becomes less comfortable.

I'm left with three options:

   - We meet inside again, either at Fuel at Five Points or elsewhere
   - We continue to meet outside, either at Fuel or elsewhere
   - We return to virtual Jitsi meetings for Coffee and Chat

I think the bloom has faded on the rose of virtual coffee talk, but I could
be wrong. There are those who are unwilling to do in-person conversation
unless there are mitigating environmental factors and/or an unrealistic
change in the state's attitude toward vaccination.

I *could* try to put a poll up somewhere, be it Twitter or Doodle or
something, but I think that having the discussion in the Meetup and/or the
Purdue Perl Mongers mailing list would do better, because allows more
nuance than *C!*. So, please, if you have strong opinions one way or the
other, please tell us!

--
Dave Jacoby
jacoby.david at gmail.com