[Purdue-pm] Threads and forks

Turner, Howard Robert turne349 at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 21 18:10:40 PDT 2020

Greetings again everyone.

Looking for some advice. I'm writing a small program that talks to a webserver and ends waiting for a connection back from the webserver. Problem is I can only figure out to have the call back handled or my Perl program continue processing but not both.

Started reading the Perl threads tutorial but it suggests not using threads and then started reading about fork instead. So a little overwhelmed in figuring out which one is "the right way".

Anyone have suggestions and/or tutorials they'd suggest reviewing beyond the ones on perldoc?

Respectfully,
Rob