[Purdue-pm] Emacs editor crash course

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 18 08:17:14 PDT 2019

The Purdue Linux Users Group is giving a "Emacs crash course" on
Thursday, September 19th from 6--7pm in REC 226.  The talk will be about
the basics of using the Emacs text editor [1].  The REC (Recitation)
building is on Oval Drive surrounding the Memorial Mall---see campus
map [2]---it is not far from the intersection of State and Marsteller.

(I used the vi editor until the late 1970s then switched to Emacs and
have never looked back.  I use Emacs on Linux for all editing (except
Mathematica [3] notebooks) and reading/sending/etc. of plain text email
messages.  Emacs also runs on Windows, MacOS, and other operating
systems.  It is very programmable.)

[1]  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
[2]  https://www.purdue.edu/campus_map/
[3]  https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/