[Purdue-pm] Mathematica 11 and Perl 6 computer languages

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 24 11:33:16 PDT 2016

Mathematica 11 is a very powerful programming language sold by Wolfram
Research.  Wolfram Research calls it "the word's definitive system for
modern technical computing".  I agree.  See
    https://www.itap.purdue.edu/shopping/software/product/mathematica.html
for more information about Purdue's site license for "teaching and
non-commercial research".  It is installed on many computers at Purdue now.
See
    https://wolfram.com/mathematica
for more information about Mathematica.

Perl 6 is a very powerful programming language that was a complete
redesign of Perl 5 from the ground up but still feels like Perl 5.  Perl
has been called "the glue of the Internet" because of all the the things
it does.  See
    https://wendyga.wordpress.com/2015/12/25/why-would-you-want-to-use-perl-6-some-answers/
for more information about Perl 6.  I've used Perl 6 and like it better
than Perl 5.  Perl is a general purpose programming language that is
especially good at text processing.  Get the software for free from
    rakudo.org

-mark