[Purdue-pm] Meeting Ideas? Both Micro and Macro

Ken mcNamara alexmcn at tds.net
Thu Jun 13 02:52:33 PDT 2013

As a remote member I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I joined the group because I because I'm interested in expanding my knowledge of Perl and keeping track of any really special events at Purdue (such as Stallman's visit).
I made my living with Perl at AT&T and still freelance - so my fundamental reason is financial.

I'd be interested in attending meetings online and occasionally coming to Lafayette (90 minute drive).  I might even be able to do a presentation on some subject (although I'm pretty much a plodder).

After hours meetings about Perl would probably need more than beer to attract people - maybe a Schwartz visit?

I think the Purdue group could attract people from across the state (because of it's connection to Purdue).

How have other Perl Mongers groups dealt with this problem?

Thanks.

Ken McNamara
Pendleton, IN