[Purdue-pm] Rakudo Perl 6

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Sat Dec 29 20:06:55 PST 2012

Purdue Perl Mongers,

Rakudo Perl 6 continues to get more complete, bug-free, and faster.  I
like it much better than Perl 5 but don't suggest using it for
production code until it is more mature, unless you're an innovator or
early adopter (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations)
and have time to experiment with an immature technology.

I did some benchmarks for a Perl 6 program I use once a week.  Here are
the results:
    RAKUDO VERSION    PARROT VERSION    SPEED