[Purdue-pm] Mark's Travelling Capital Problem

Bradley Andersen bradley.d.andersen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 06:57:31 PST 2011

I haven't even seen this problem, but I will tell you this: I recently
needed to find distances between zip codes, and the great circle
formula was *helpful*, but not *super* helpful.  It seems to break
down at short distances.  I ended up using those values along with
another algo (forget, but could look it up) and weighting them to get
good short distances.