need some hints

eka.kevin.k1 kokadir at purdue.edu
Sun Sep 24 01:00:51 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I am pretty new  to perl
and I'd like to do the following:
1. I am in any current directory, let say 'cur'
   cur has about 20 folders that contain .txt files and .doc files and
etc
2. want to find all *.txt files under each folder/directory
3. for each folder, I want to concatenate all the .TXT  files
   to one file : let say file001.txt  until file020.txt
   that will be placed in the (original) current directory cur
4. delete all files in all folders under the current directory cur
   ( just the files in the folders, not the folder)

Can anybody give me a hint on this?
I am not sure to do this on UNIX or Windows;
if that matters, I can just copy the files to the purdue account
and run it from there.

Please give me suggestions since I have never written in perl before.

Thanks!
Kevin

    _____
     |[]|_,_Y_