APM: last night

Peter Lowe pgl at mini.instinct.org
Tue Dec 4 09:27:02 CST 2001

On Dec 04, Your Friend wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:44:37PM +0100, Peter Lowe wrote:
> > it was nice to meet you, jenda and richard! shame more people didn't
> > turn up (*AHEM*) but still, next time maybe... I promise to TRY and be
> > less argumentative. :)
>
> Actually I still don´t know whether you want to tease us with the
> "excuse me asking stupid questions" or make fun of us.

nono, I'm not making fun of anybody! seriously, when I think about the fact
that you're writing your dissertation on the subject, it seems that most
of the things I was asking about must have been pretty basic. it was a very
interesting discussion for me though. :)

> I thought about 2 questions of you even today morning. One of them
> perfectly *answered* a question I was very afraid of (complexity of
> generated "things" compared to the complexity of the things that
> generate them)
>
> The second - about knowledge representation... well I think your
> suggestion is a horrible stupid way to represent knowledge, but it may
> be the solution to aquire knowledge and mark it as "default" (what
> Jenda remarked). Later in the night I read about "frames" for
> knowledge representation which is considered to be the nonplusultra in
> knowledge representation and which is nothing more, than semantical
> networks with default values attached to the nodes.  I´ll give it more
> CPU-time in my head...

:)

can you recommend any good introductory material I could read on the web?

cheers,

peter.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.