APM: Re: Fwd: Majordomo results

Peter Lowe pgl at mini.instinct.org
Wed Oct 24 08:49:37 CDT 2001

On Oct 24, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> First ... we need a new sysadmin ;-)

very funny. :-)

> And then a few web programmers. ASP/VBScript, PHP, Perl ... we
> can use anything.

hmm...

> Here is some preliminary page about us : http://wdc.tmp.com/

[mini:pgl]:~ $ host -t a wdc.tmp.com
Host not found, try again.

?

> > how? you have some kind of perl -> vb generator, or what?
>
> Not really. I generate COM wrappers for stored procedures in the
> MSSQL Server : http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/#SP_COM_generator

ah. com. I have to admit don't know much about that...

does that mean that tmp let you release the stuff you're developing there
as open soure?

> > "use Digest::MD5"? ;-)
>
> Yep. It's quite fine ... when I need to update a server I download
> four 40KB "index" files, run a script that compares the hashes on
> the server and on my PC and generates ZIPs containing all files
> that need to be updated and a bat file that deletes the files that are
> no longer needed.

nice. sounds like an interesting way of doing it.

 - peter.

--
This is not the signature you are looking for. Move along.