APM: Re: Fwd: Majordomo results

Jenda Krynicky Jenda at Krynicky.cz
Wed Oct 24 08:03:53 CDT 2001

> On Oct 24, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
> > Come on ... I get paid for people I've seduced to work for us ;-)
>
> what do they have available? :-)

First ... we need a new sysadmin ;-)
And then a few web programmers. ASP/VBScript, PHP, Perl ... we
can use anything.

Here is some preliminary page about us : http://wdc.tmp.com/

> > > do you get to do any perl at all?
> >
> > Sure. I use Perl to generate VB code for example ;-)
>
> how? you have some kind of perl -> vb generator, or what?

Not really. I generate COM wrappers for stored procedures in the
MSSQL Server : http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz/#SP_COM_generator

Saves a lot of time ... especialy since you don't have to debug
each method, update the method when the stored procedure
changes etc.

> > And I have written a Perl service as part of the project ... to
> > generate MD5 hashes for files so that I could generate updates and
> > be sure I do have all servers in sync, and to do a few more tasks
> > now and then.
>
> "use Digest::MD5"? ;-)

Yep. It's quite fine ... when I need to update a server I download
four 40KB "index" files, run a script that compares the hashes on
the server and on my PC and generates ZIPs containing all files
that need to be updated and a bat file that deletes the files that are
no longer needed.

I even generate hashes for stored procedures, views and tables and
compare those ... though the tables of course need some hand
work if there are differences.

Jenda

== Jenda at Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
I wonder why the whole chemistry industry ignores
computer bugs. We all would gladly pay big bucks
for a functional insecticide.